Visit Oasis of S. Liberato near Narni with children
Oasis of S. Liberato is situated a few km far from Narni and it is an ideal place to visit with children. The oasis is on the border between Umbria and Lazio, just a few metres far from the Tiber River. The oasis of S. Liberato is originated after the construction of the dam on the Nera River. It is a reservoir used for the production of hydropower. The oasis of S Liberato extends over an area of one hundred hectares and it houses unique flora and fauna.
IN THE OASIS OF S. LIBERATO YOU SHOULD FIND :
– Several species of amphibians such as: green frogs, common toad and tree frog.
– Several species of reptiles such as: ringed snake, rat snake, Aesculapian snake, aspide, slow-worm
– The fish fauna includes: tench, scardinius, stickleback, bleak and chub
– As mammals there are: porcupine, badger, fox, Stone Martel, river rat, weasel, wild boar and some examples of marten.
– There are also barn owl, tawny owl and owl
– Over 179 examples of birds; some of them there are occasionally and other in migration.
THE REASONS TO VISIT THE OASIS OF S. LIBERATO
Family with children should be in contact with nature and discover the different examples which are in the oasis. Family with children could enjoy walking in the Oasis and relax.
Find out other THINGS TO DO with your children in Umbria, Italy!
Holiday Farmhouse gli Alberi di Perugia, Umbria. Located only 10 minutes drive from the center of Perugia this charming farmhouse offers 5 independent apartments, a salt water swimming pool, a lush garden with children's playground and WiFi Located in the natural Park...
Holiday Apartments in Umbria gli Aromi di Piegaro A charming rural home settled in the countryside near Lake Trasimeno, Umbria, featuring 5 fully furnished and equipped apartments This charming family run casale (country house) is nestled in the countryside of lake...
With children in the Grotto of Monte Cucco, Umbria, Italy The Grotto of Monte Cucco, also called "Belly of Italy", is a beautiful place to visit with your children in Umbria, Italy! Located within the Monte Cucco Regional Park, in the municipality of Costacciaro,...